peripheral neuropathy guy sending his woohoo---please post for worried wells

Hey Dr Bob,

It's me again. You know. The peripheral neuropathy guy. And you are probably asking yourself...which PN guy....right.

Let me explain my situation for all of those million or billion worried wells. I had unprotected vaginal sex with a stripper (unknown status). I guess she would be in the same class as a hooker. Then I had alot of symptoms that I thought was ARS......sore throat, dry mouth, headache, etc. I thought I had contracted hiv. Was I wrong! I even convinced myself I had PN. Didn't have that either. Guess what worried wells....It was all anxiety!!! I tested for all other stds and they were all negative. The mind can play terrible tricks on you.

Here is a summary of my hiv tests. I had negative elisa's at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 5 weeks, 7.5 weeks, 9 weeks, 11 weeks and 12 weeks (85 days). I also have a negative pcr at 9 weeks.....I know the testing was excessive......not to mention expensive!!!

So here it goes.....WOOHOO!!!....I have been waiting 12 weeks to say this.

notstressedanymore

Hi PN-guy,

Excellent news! Congratulations and WOO-HOO!!!

Yes, excessive unwarranted testing is indeed expensive. Speaking of costs, did you know it only costs 80 cents to save a child's life in Africa by giving an HIV-positive pregnant woman anti-HIV medication. This single dose of medication can significantly reduce the risk that the mother will pass the virus on to her unborn child. I'll let you calculate how many potential lives could have been saved if the funds spent on unnecessary testing had been applied elsewhere. I don't mean to take the WOO out of your WOO-HOO. I just want folks reading this to know their options, including their very real option to save a child's life rather than spend their resources on information that really is not helpful.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Nutty or Not?
WOOHOO - THANKS - ADVICE TO WORRIED WELLS - PLEASE POST DR BOB !!!