things that might affect the anitbody test?

Hi Dr. Bob

I hope you are reading this when u get back from your vacation and not any sooner. You deserve a break. I am a worried well like many people on this forum and I would like to know if there are any recreational drugs (like marijana or other) or any other kinds of things that we injest in our bodies that might affect the accuracy of an HIV test. Your answer would be greatly appreciated

thanks for all the support you give to everyone and warm holiday wished to you and steve

-worried guy from Canada

Hi Worried Guy in Canada,

Have you been partying again???

OK, to answer your question, marijuana and other recreational drugs will not affect HIV test results. However, depending on what you are ingesting, there can be other negative consequences to your health (. . . then again, I suppose the same can be said about playing hockey) . . . so please do be careful, OK?

Happy Holidays.

Is HIV hereditary?
I stepped in something???? PUUUULEASE!!!