I'm infected with HIV & I was performing only unprotected oral sex

Hello everybody, it won't be a question just a warning - please don't trust anyone saying that oral sex is a very low risk behaviour. I know I'm infected by HIV (my 4 weekes result was negative, but I got chlamydia pneumoniae, thrush in my mouth, etc.) and I was only performing oral sex with my ex boyfriend. It's only my fault, but I want all people would know this.

Here we go again. You "know" you're HIV-infected, but you have a negative HIV test.

Let's review this one more time for the slow learners in the group, OK? There are a number of STD's that can be contracted quite easily by oral sex; however, HIV is not one of them. Despite the symptoms and conditions you have, what you don't have is HIV unless you have a positive HIV test. And that is extremely, extremely unlikely.

So, I think it's fine you "want all people would know" that you performed oral sex on your ex-boyfriend. OK fine --he's a lucky boy! Now that we all know that we can move on. The "warning" I want everyone to be aware of is: "Don't assume you have HIV based on symptoms or conditions." Only a positive HIV test can determine if you've contracted the virus.

Next "warning": Oral sex can transmit a variety of STD's fairly easily as demonstrated here. However, the risk of HIV transmission from oral sex is indeed very, very low (as this guy will hopefully find out when he gets his 3-month test).

So write back when you get your three-month test, and let us all know how surprised and relieved you are that your HIV test turned out to be negative after all. Regular readers of this forum will WOO-HOO with you -- most likely, while yawning.

Happy Holidays.

A negative test,but still worried,please post
for all worried wells - read this