Can someone born with AIDS transfer it?

A friend of mine mentioned that if one is born with AIDS, they can not transfer it because it was not Acquired. I disagree - it was acquired in the womb - but I would like to know if there is any truth to his statement?

You are right. He is wrong. A virus is a virus is a virus. Whether acquired in the womb, the bedroom, a crack house, or even the church rectory, it doesn't matter. The modes of HIV acquisition and transmission are very well known. Perhaps your friend's confusion stems from the fact that HIV is not transmitted by casual household contact, such as having an HIV-positive infant in the home. In any case, do set him straight on the facts and have him sign on to this website and related links for additional information pertaining to many aspects of HIV/AIDS.

Happy Holidays,

Your not going to answer me are you?
The "Stupid" virus