I AM BACK TO THE BUSINESS OF LIVING!! Thanks to you All!!

Hi Dr. Bob!

I am the woman who wrote a couple days ago because I was about to take my HIV test and was a nervous wreck. So much so that I gave myself an Ulcer, which I am now taking anti-botics for. I literally stopped living for a few days, hibernating in my apartment. The actual day of the test I was even more a mess. After spending an entire night reading all the postings in your forum, I was finally able to go to sleep with the little peace of mind your postings afforded me.

After 2 long days of more anxiety and sleepless nights I finally got my test results, (by the way the doctor should never keep someone who is waiting for the results of an HIV test on hold as long as he kept me on hold), but I was happy to hear NEGATIVE!

I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my back. The pang and pain in my belly completely disappeared. It is so amazing how the mind can play tricks on the body the way my has over the past week.

But I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for who you are and what you do. And everyone else in this forum too for being so candid and honest. Because without checking everyones questions and your humorous, heart felt, honest answers every day I would have not been able to function at all.

I want everyone to know the mind does play incredible tricks on you. Not to say the anxiety you feel is not real but the drama that your mind can put you through is amazing. I thought I was going insane. I actually convinced myself I was HIV+. So if you suspect you were exposed, please just get tested, because that is the only real peace of mind.

One good thing has come out of this experience, and that is I am now fully aware and much more educated about HIV/AIDS. One more just as important thing is finding Dr. Bob!

Thanks! And Greetings from the now Sane.

Hello Now Sane,

Thanks for taking the time to write back with your story and great news! Congratulations! WOO-HOO! I'm hopeful your comments and experience will help others who also have convinced themselves they are HIV-positive, and who are suffering under that "ton of bricks!"

So listen up everyone, this nearly crazy lady with an ulcer is now sane and symptom-free. Wouldn't you like to be next in line for a Holiday-WOO-HOO-YABBA-DABBA-DO?

DOC ROB PLEASE POST!! YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO WRITE SOMETHING
Reagan: idiot or just clueless regarding AIDS