I got PREGNANT with a man HIV POSITIVE

Hello dear Bobby,

I live with my husband who is hiv positive. Recently we had unprotected sex and I got pregnant. Does it mean that I am positive too or is it still 1/300 as statistics say?

Thank you for your advice.

R.N

Hello RN,

The pregnancy does not really alter statistical probabilities, but that really isn't the point here, is it? Unprotected sex does place you at risk for pregnancy and STD's. You need HIV testing, and if positive, the help of an HIV specialist to help decrease the risk of passing the virus on to your unborn child. We are all sending you our very best luck. If your husband's viral load is undetectable, your risk is decreased somewhat, but certainly not completely.

REPONDEZ MOI SVP
It's me, the condom kid. THANK YOU!!!