I'm a bottom

I'm a bottom and was infected by my ex. I am now in a very loving relationship with a man that is neg. I know that using a condom is the best practise. Is it any less of a risk if my partner tops me with out a condom since he is neg? Sometimes the urge has struck and we didn't have a condom handy so that ended the night for us. Can we still have intercorse with out putting him at risk?

KY Man

Hey KY Man,

Even if you use lots of KY, Mr. KY-Guy, you're still putting your partner at considerable risk if the love glove is not in place. You knew that without my telling you, right?

Anal intercourse carries the highest risk for HIV transmission. As with all types of sex, the receptive partner's risk is greater than the insertive partner's. HIV transmission risk is also decreased if the positive partner's viral load is undetectable. But even being exclusively a top that only partners with a bottom who has an undetectable viral load does not eliminate HIV transmission risk. I'd suggest buying a massive supply of your favorite condoms. Stash them every place where the urge might strike bedroom, bathroom, kitchen table, pool table, pool, car, wine cellar (or if you're into S&M, that would be "whine cellar"), near the trapeze, the flower box outside your ex-boyfriend's living room window . . . and anywhere and everywhere you guys like doing it. And don't forget the water-based lube, KY-Guy!

Revoke my medical license?
I HAVE A LONG TONGUE