re: I tested negative: I'm positive

Hi Dr. Bob,

Regarding your writer that tested negative and said he had a non-existant threat from a stripper giving him a hand job after touching herself.

I had the same experience, but I tested positive for NGU. I am still waiting on the results for Gonnorhea. They treated me with 1 gr. of Zithromax all at once.

My girlfriend has had a very bad UTI, which I now know is related to this. We treated it with a regular course of Zithromnax that we had not used (500 mg 1st day, 250 mg days 2-5). It came back roaring. She then started on a course of Amoxicyllin and it is much better, but not completely gone.

I have another course of Zithromax and have encouraged her to take 1 gr. at once, be she thinks she might get sick from it. I haven't told her about my tests yet. I get the results on Friday.

If I do not have gonnorhea and she takes the 1 gr. of Zithromax, are we OK.

Thanks

As I have frequently mentioned on this site, many STD's, such as NGU and gonorrhea, are much easier to transmit and contract than HIV. You are living proof. I have also advised against self-diagnosis and treatment. You need to be "up front" with your girlfriend about what's going on with your "up front," (so to speak). Both of you will need simultaneous STD testing and treatment, if necessary, to avoid passing "something" back and forth again. Sure, Zithromax will cover some STD's, but not all. Time to face the music, guy. It's the right thing to do.

Real exposure, real question
Thanks, I took my test today