My Story

Hey Bob, first I would like to say thank you very much. I have been visiting this web site for 3 months now and it has been the only thing keeping me close to sane. I am a very educated professional, but not a Doctor of Medicine. With all of my years of education I never realized how much I did not know about aids and other STDs. About three months ago I had a drunken stupid encounter with a female I met on a flight. To make it short our flight was cancelled due to weather and I she came to my airline funded hotel room. I had unprotected oral sex with her, both ways. The next day I woke up and realize how stupid my actions were. I will not lie it was a good time, but 15 minutes of fun is not worth 3 months of total hell. The day following the act I had a sore throat that lasted three days. The next week I had diarrhea for about three days. After the diarrhea subsided the sore throat came back and shortly after that the tip of my penis started burning when I would be sitting. At this point I automatically figured I must have gonorrhea or some other STD. After these thoughts I started having night sweats. After about three weeks of freaking out and drinking heavily I got tested for STDs, all but HIV. When I went to get tested the STD questionnaire asked a bunch of questions one of which was do you have night sweats. I ignored the question because I was there for NGU related reasons. On my way home from the clinic I started thinking about the night sweats and remembered seeing them as a symptom of HIV. I went immediately from happy I got tested to worried about HIV. This is when I again jumped on the web and learned more, at least I thought, about the symptoms of HIV and started to worry. In the next couple week I started to develop pains in my sides and shortly after that I had a couple of weeks with pain in my groin, armpits, back, of my neck, my ears, and my throat. Along with all of these other pains I also started to get hot flushes (I think that is what you call what I felt) throughout my body and constant sweating to include night sweats. By this point I almost new I had HIV and start to figure out what I would due. My plan became getting tested and when I found out I was positive I would shoot myself. I understand this sounds extreme and it is, but I spent well over a month freaking out. Once I hit 83 days I work up the courage to go to the pharmacy and but a home access kit and nervously tested myself in the parking lot. One night I was sitting in another hotel room, by my self, working up the courage to call for my results. After five beers I said screw it and dialed the number. I started shaking. After they ask you to enter your code number they have a recording talk with extra information for about 3 more minutes before they give you your results, I shook even more. Finally the recording said you results are negative.

It turns out I have a very bad reflux problem possibly GERD, possibly stress induced. Also, I am being evaluated for prostate problems also. I am showing symptom consistent with both, not HIV. I am hoping I didnt spend valuable time worry about HIV that I should have been spending on the symptoms of my real medical problems. I wanted to be dead when I thought I had HIV, but truth be told I never really wanted to be dead.

Sorry so long. I just wanted to say thank you because whenever I would get down I would come to this site to reassure my self that I would more them likely be ok and I am. I know that a lot of others are scared to and am glad that there is someone like you to educate us.

Do you realize how many folks reading this are now hoping for "stormy weather" the next time they fly?

Gosh, if all cancelled flights came with hot blowjobs, I don't think the airlines would have nearly so many complaints! Thanks for sharing your story!

Good luck with the GERD and prostate problems. Congratulations on your negative HIV tests!

Needlestick
Argentine guy is about to kill himself