WOO HOO, Donation Info, and a messed up story

Dr Bob, I wrote you earlier in the week about an encounter I had 8 years ago when I was 16. I had gone down on my girlfriend at the time several times, no intercourse, just oral. I heard 4 years after that, that she had HIV, but thought nothing of it. 4 years after that, (now 8 years after the "possible exposure") I totally thought I had HIV. I think it was due to the fact that I am getting married real soon, and for some reason the HIV thing jumped into my head. So I went out and got a home access test on Monday. My fiance helped me get the sample, and we sent it out. I call them on Thursday, because that is when they said I should have my results. Well Doc guess what, FEDEX LOST MY SAMPLE. Ok, so here I am, worried so badly that I have HIV, because of a wart on my thumb, and a cold that has lasted a month. After flipping out on the lady there, I call a place out of California called Medical Screening Services. They are a national chain and promise next day results. So I set up the appointment, and my counselor pretty much told me what I read here, that I was worrying myself sick, and after hearing my story, said that he is 100 sure I do not have HIV, but I was still freaking out. He told me to call Saturday for my results. I call him Saturday morning, he said the lab was behind, and that they would not have my results until Monday, he assured me that it had nothing to do with me specifically, and that he would still have good news for me Monday. Of course I was still spastic, I had myself convinced I was HIV+. So after a long day Sunday, with my fiance and my family, I decided to call and see if he had any news. I called in, he said I was NEGATIVE. Lets just say I was very, very relived. They faxed me my papers, it said "HIV-1 AB Screen w/ REFL", NON-REACTIVE. So doc, can I woo hoo?

Also, I think this scare was somebodys way of getting me to look at life differently. My fiancee now knows I will never cheat on her, because I am scared shitless of contracting HIV. I went to church for the first time in 8 years today, and made many promises to God, if he would just spare me. One was to donate to an AIDS/HIV charity, and try and do something to help raise HIV awareness, because back then, I had no clue you could be at risk for HIV because of oral sex. So Doctor Bob, I would like to make a donation to your group, can you give me info on that? Also, I do web design, if your group ever needs any work done for their site, just let me know, I will do anything I can to help.

And to all the "worried well" out there, trust me, do not worry, go get a test done, let out your woo hoo, and enjoy life.

I like what your doing here Doc, keep it up.

Jeromy

Hello Jeromy,

Can you WOO-HOO with a non-reactive (negative) HIV test eight years after oral sex? Yep! No question about it! It's a definitive, unquestionable, absolutely WOO-HOO-able result!

Congratulations Jeromy! Thank you also for your donation. Donation information is available at The Foundation's website, www.concertedeffort.org. Stay well.

BOB THE ORACLE
thanks