mouthwash liquid use after unprotected oral sex

Please HELP, I BEG you for an answer. One week ago I foolishly performed unprotected oral sex to a sex worker in London. We also kissed using our tongues (French kissing). Realising what I had done and really scared, 20 mins after the intercourse I got water in my mouth and spited it out. 50-60mins after the intercourse, I rushed to buy a mouthwash from the chemist. I used it twice: the first time spiting it out almost immediately and the second spited it out after keeping it in my mouth for half a minute. This was a normal mouthwash that contains alcohol. I used the mouthwash after few hours again and next day again and again, as I was avoiding to brush my teeth because of fear of HIV transmission. At the end of the next day I had a dry mouth and maybe some inflammation as well. I have read your answer to other questions about the low risk activity of oral sex to a woman. Do you think that the use of the mouthwash might have prevented HIV transmission or might have even enabled it by causing inflammations in my mouth? Three days after the intercourse I had a very sore throat and soon came terrible coughing and a very rainy nose. I started feeling also very exhausted and tired and at the 5th day I had a bit of fever (max: 37.5 degrees of Celsius). Now (after almost 7 days) I noticed inflammation of my testicles. Is it possible all this to have to do with HIV transmission? Should I stop getting paranoiac that I have HIV? Is it more likely to be linked to other STIs? Which ones? Or is it possible that the sore throat and the cold (rainy nose, fever) I just got them from not being able to sleep at night and not eating good food, since I have become paranoiac that I am infected. And one last question: I plan to take hiv test as well as other STIs tests. But since I am going to see again my girlfriend who is abroad exactly 6 weeks after the intercourse, when the anti-body test will not be definitive, what should I do? Shall we go on having unprotected sex as we always do or have safe sex? THANK YOU, your answer will help me to get some sleep again. Please also tell me how to send donations from UK. Your work is REALLY GREAT.

Yes, I'd definitely advise you should "stop getting paranoiac." (Remind me to send that word into Webster's dictionary in time for their next new edition!)

I think the first thing you should do is go back and re-read all the archives related to this subject. In particular, note that the cautions about mouthwash, teeth brushing, and flossing possibly increasing HIV transmission risk are for pre-oral sex and not related to after-the-fact activity!

So, do I think the post-sex multiple mouthwashes might have prevented HIV transmission? No. Do I think they enabled HIV transmission? No.

The risk of HIV transmission from oral sex is extremely low. The risk of other STD's is much greater. I'm not sure what you mean by "inflammation" of your testicles, but that's something you might want to have you doctor check out. Now, as for the "very rainy nose" -- it may clear up as soon as the cold front moves through.

Should you want to get HIV tested, wait at least three months for a definitive result. Using latex condoms during the window period is recommended to avoid any worry or chance of transmission.

Regarding donations form the UK, please check The Foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org. Direct wire transfers, credit card donations, and even sending British Sterling pounds are all warmly welcomed and appreciated! Thank you!

Very Nervous- 12 week negative test but having Peripheral Neurosis sensations
Where Am I in My Life? Plase Answer Doc!