You be Cher and I will be Nicolas Cage!

Hello Dr. Bob. I just wanted to tell you that I adore you! I really do. You are such an inspiration to all of us.

You don't know how comforting your responses are to the thousands that read them on a daily basis.

A sex worker put the head of my penis in her mouth for three to five seconds. I was getting a massage and before I knew it she grabbed it and did this. She said that she wanted me to "come back soon".

Well that simple act has unleashed a nightmare that has lasted 100 days. I have read all of the archives, and I know that my risk of receiving HIV through this act is very very low, but my mind still plays tricks on me, and I like most people here at this forum am convinced that I am HIV+.

I tested using Home Access at 7, 10, 12, and 14 weeks. All negative. I have called the CDC numerous times about this and they have done everything from refer me to a mental health line to tell me that most people will serconvert by six months so I may want to restest.

Home Access recommends I retest at 6 months. Dr. Bob I want to hear it from you. Can I WOO HOO now? I don't ever want to test again. It just brings up all of this pain and anguish that is killing me every single time I test.

Guilt is a terrible thing.

I have not had every ARS symptom in the book. I have though had every symptom in the book as far as stress and anxiety goes.

This is because I am married with two small children. I am terrified that I could infect my family.

I need for you to slap some sense into me. The small part of my brain that still holds logicial thought tells me that I am indeed HIV- and that I should let this go, but the large part of my brain that controls panic and hysteria tells me that I may be the first documented case to receive HIV from receiving oral and that I also may be a late seroconvertor. Not very likely for one much less the other to happen but that thought is still in my head.

YOU, yes you, Dr. Bob are the only person in the world that can make me feel better about this. If you tell me that 4 negative tests out to 14 weeks proves that I don't have HIV I will move on.

I know it is silly, but I have been here at this forum since the first day it happened and now I have to hear it from you.

Dr. Bob I am going to send you a money order for 100.00. I am sending this to you if you reply or not.

Please use this money to help the children. I know that you will put it to good use.

I thank you so much for everything that you have done for me.

Jack

Hi Jack,

OK, here we go. I'm Cher (of course) and you are Nicolas Cage. You are spouting off a bunch of nonstop nonsense and then I come in with my Academy Award winning moment. Ready? Lights! Camera! Action: SLAP!!! "Snap out of it!!!" I really love that scene!

Now Jack, you've already answered your own question. I'll reiterate in your own words:

1. "I have read all of the archives and I know that my risk of receiving HIV through this act is very, very, low . . . " 2. "I tested using Home Access at 7, 10, 12, and 14 weeks. All negative." 3. "I have had every symptom in the book as far as stress and anxiety goes." 4. "Guilt is a terrible thing."

Jack, you have my unqualified official blessing to begin WOO-HOOing immediately well, as soon as the discomfort from the slap subsides anyway. I totally agree with you. Stress, anxiety, and guilt are your problems. HIV is not. If that "panic and hysteria" portion of your brain continues to fill your head with fears of being "the first documented case . . .. blah, blah, blah . . .," then you really do need to seek some help in coping better with these totally irrational fears. Counseling could indeed be extremely helpful for you. Additional HIV testing is not recommended, warranted, or necessary.

As for the hungry hooker chomping on your Mr. Happy and claiming she just wanted you to "come back soon," well perhaps what she really meant to say was she wanted you to "cum soon." You could have misunderstood her, because she was trying to speak while her mouth was full.

Jack, thank you for the generous donation! I promise it will touch many lives in a most meaningful way. Please do feel better. Get the help you need. Don't waste another moment on needless worry. Today is Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for!

Potential HIV exposure after doing something dumb?
Response to How Safe if Safe with Poz Boyfriend