Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Love the new photo!!!

Nov 27, 2003

Hi Dr.Bob its the venezuelan guy I hope that this is my last mail I have to send because of my symptoms and tests, as you know I had unprotected vaginal sex with a female, symptoms came 6 days later subsiding and coming back, I had and still have a lot of symptoms like feel itchiness on my skin like if I would feel sweaty all the time at the beggining I had nausea , weight loss, dizziness, and general ill feeling for a long time more than 3 month, at week 7 my glands in my right leg started to swell a little and I always felt like I had a viral illness, after that, one gland swelled up in my neck , now its better as you know I have tested out to 24 weeks negative on elisa and did a pcr-dna cualitative test at 4 month ,I did almost every test for stds but at week 22 I did a herpes test and it came positive for both herpes 1 and 2 igG, so obviously this girl gave me something that has made me ill for more than 5 month. My question is I did 13 tests for hiv and one pcr-dna , do you think that herpes is making my tests come negative when in fact iam positive or is it delaying seroconversion, or I will seroconvert in one year or what the hell is happening to me because now after my 24 weeks negative elisa I still have some annoying symptoms like pins and needles in armpits and groin sometimes, also my skin has changed , also cant control temperature hot flashes and chills, and the itchiness is a bitch, in the nasty case that this girl also would of had hiv do you think I will seroconvert late or with all the testing I have done is enough and all the symptoms are from the herpes, oh also at the beggining I had the urge to go more often to pee and it itched sometimes I thought I was not going to make it to the bathroom to pu this condition subsided ,at week 22 I also did a cd4/cd8 test and it came fine cd4.1.071 48 and cd8/469 21 index cd4/cd8 2,29 , so good Dr. I dont want to bother you anymore whats your prognosis and if do you think that I am in the clear I have never been a hyphocondriac I even started therapy also since this started my left armpit bothers not swollen but it bothers and Iam so scared of infecting my wife , I have seen so many doctors and they didnt care for the herpes and said I dont have anything to worry about but I never had symptoms lasting for so long help me please . Your always friend the venezuelan guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Venezuelan Guy,

My opinion has not changed. Thirteen negative antibody tests, normal CD4 and CD8 cell counts, and a negative PCR DNA out to 24 weeks are beyond definitive. You just can't get any more negative than that. My advice is simple: Stop testing, but continue psychotherapy. You may never have been a hypochondriac before, but it appears you've mastered the condition now.

Feel better. Remember HIV is not your problem.

Dr. Bob

Previous
You rock Doc, Zipper boy again
Next
HEY BOB I LOVE THE NEW PICTURE IT'S ABOUT TIME

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.