Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Love the new photo!!!

Hi Dr.Bob its the venezuelan guy I hope that this is my last mail I have to send because of my symptoms and tests, as you know I had unprotected vaginal sex with a female, symptoms came 6 days later subsiding and coming back, I had and still have a lot of symptoms like feel itchiness on my skin like if I would feel sweaty all the time at the beggining I had nausea , weight loss, dizziness, and general ill feeling for a long time more than 3 month, at week 7 my glands in my right leg started to swell a little and I always felt like I had a viral illness, after that, one gland swelled up in my neck , now its better as you know I have tested out to 24 weeks negative on elisa and did a pcr-dna cualitative test at 4 month ,I did almost every test for stds but at week 22 I did a herpes test and it came positive for both herpes 1 and 2 igG, so obviously this girl gave me something that has made me ill for more than 5 month. My question is I did 13 tests for hiv and one pcr-dna , do you think that herpes is making my tests come negative when in fact iam positive or is it delaying seroconversion, or I will seroconvert in one year or what the hell is happening to me because now after my 24 weeks negative elisa I still have some annoying symptoms like pins and needles in armpits and groin sometimes, also my skin has changed , also cant control temperature hot flashes and chills, and the itchiness is a bitch, in the nasty case that this girl also would of had hiv do you think I will seroconvert late or with all the testing I have done is enough and all the symptoms are from the herpes, oh also at the beggining I had the urge to go more often to pee and it itched sometimes I thought I was not going to make it to the bathroom to pu this condition subsided ,at week 22 I also did a cd4/cd8 test and it came fine cd4.1.071 48 and cd8/469 21 index cd4/cd8 2,29 , so good Dr. I dont want to bother you anymore whats your prognosis and if do you think that I am in the clear I have never been a hyphocondriac I even started therapy also since this started my left armpit bothers not swollen but it bothers and Iam so scared of infecting my wife , I have seen so many doctors and they didnt care for the herpes and said I dont have anything to worry about but I never had symptoms lasting for so long help me please . Your always friend the venezuelan guy

Hello Venezuelan Guy,

My opinion has not changed. Thirteen negative antibody tests, normal CD4 and CD8 cell counts, and a negative PCR DNA out to 24 weeks are beyond definitive. You just can't get any more negative than that. My advice is simple: Stop testing, but continue psychotherapy. You may never have been a hypochondriac before, but it appears you've mastered the condition now.

Feel better. Remember HIV is not your problem.

You rock Doc, Zipper boy again
HEY BOB I LOVE THE NEW PICTURE IT'S ABOUT TIME