Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hetrosexual Male in need of an answer!!
Nov 27, 2003

Dr. Frascino, I am a very concerned hetrosexual male. Over the past years I have been with 10 women without protection. The last woman I slept with was two years ago because I became a Christian since then and am saving myself for marriage. Well the last several months I have had muscle weakness, joint aches, sore muscles, tingling feet and pain throughout my body. I have been to many doctors but they have no answers for me. I have been tested for everything in the book including std's. I never had an Hiv test until June of this year and it was negative. I kept thinking I still had Hiv and had several test done with in the last 5 months: 3 elisa's, 2 orasure rapid test, 2 Pcr Dna tests, and 1 Pcr Rna V 1.5. Everything has come back negative, undetectable or less than 400 copies. Keep in mind that since these test my last exposure was 2 years ago. Doctor, is it safe to say I don't have Hiv? I have done much research on Hiv and found out that some people don't ever produce antibodies to Hiv, including a case the CDC reported in 1995 of a man in Utah. Can you please direct me with an answer? Kyle

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Kyle,

Thinking you have HIV and actually having HIV are two entirely different things. Your last exposure was two years ago and within the past five months you've had three ELISA's, two Orasure rapid tests, two DNA PCR's, and one RNA PCR all negative and you are wondering if it's safe to say you don't have HIV??? Yes, Kyle, it's unquestionably safe. If you continue to have multiple symptoms and fears and "many doctors have no answers," then it's time to consider getting some therapy. It's quite possible your symptoms are due to anxiety and stress related to your fear of HIV. (Of course, I'm tempted to say it might be related to not having sex for two years and your decision to "save" yourself for marriage. But that decision is, of course, yours to make.) In any case, Kyle, HIV is not your problem.

Dr. Bob

Previous
underwear from the dryer
Next
You rock Doc, Zipper boy again

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.