Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you my Hero!
Nov 27, 2003

Dear Dr. Bob,

This will be the last time for me writing in this Forum. I did post some questions asking you your opinion many, many times before which, obviously did not get any reply back. Well, I don't know why I am still writing this letter, I feel that I just want to let you know that I already took the test and got back the result just now!

I asked you what was the probability of me contracting hiv through oral sex, which in my case involves teeth brushing a minute before she performed oral sex on me. I was depressed and my thoughts go nowhere but thinking that I might have been contracted with the virus. I sent you many mails hoping that you reply me with some supportive, hopeful news, and encouraging remarks that ensure me I am negative just to make myself feel better. However, since I got no reply back, I decided to test myself at the hiv testing centre.

I did not want to wait and wait for you to reply me, because it won't happen! You won't reply me! Well, that's fine.

I got back negative. Like you said to other worried wells. So, I just want to let all you people on the web surfing and reading this mail. Get tested. Stop relying on asking (no offense) to this forum just to make you feel better.

My point is, gather up your courage and take the test. If it says negative, then it is negative. Don't take so many tests because once you get it after 3 months, it is definitely a negative.

Thank you Dr. Bob. You are an inspiration to many! I appreciate you!

Someone in San Francisco

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Someone in San Francisco,

Thanks for being understanding. I'd like to offer words of encouragement and even my shoulder to cry on (well, at least until Will & Grace comes on) to all the worried wells, but I'd have to be cloned 1000 times over. So, I'm hoping folks will read the gazillion responses to similar questions I've already posted, and realize my advice is very consistent! And since you are right here in San Francisco, why didn't you just stop by for coffee and we could have just had a chat or watched Will & Grace together?

Stay well! WOO-HOO! Happy Thanksgiving.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Grope in sex club
Next
New Question About Lambskin Condoms Not In Archives

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.