Hey, doc: handsome new pic... now a question

Hey, Dr. Bob! I love the new picture you've got on the site. Does your fella have a new one, too? I'll have to check in a minute.

Anyhow, I searched the Oral Health archive and cannot get an answer to my question.

I'm a gay man who has a question about performing oral on another man. Specifically, if I have a canker sore inside my lip, would performing oral on a man of unknown HIV status put me at higher risk than if I did not have the canker sore? How about if I had a recent burn (say, a few hours old from bubbling pizza cheese) or abrasion inside my mouth (think sharp edges on pizza crust)? I should point out that I never let men "finish" inside me... ever!! I know, I should probably be asking should I abstain from the sex or the pizza...

Abrasions, cuts, burns, sharp edges? Gosh, I never thought eating a slice of pizza could be so dangerous!

It's difficult to definitively answer your question, because it is so hypothetical. In general, the membranes of the inside of the lips and mouth heal quite quickly. Certainly, if there were enough trauma (or deep bleeding sore) to cause an open wound, then the chance of HIV transmission would increase, if that specific area came into contact with infected spunk. Wouldn't it be easy enough to let the pizza cool off for a few seconds and avoid the "sharp edges," rather than worry about all this? Should you abstain from pizza? No that would be considered "cruel and unusual punishment."

Should you abstain from sex? No, unless you're planning to become a conservative Republican, in which case it would make perfect sense (nonsense?).

Stay well. Try a calzone.

dr bob lookin good
new-fill makes you look hot!