A public toilet question

I was using a public toilet (which was clean) and forgot to throw toilet paper inside, To make long story sort I got a 'splash' directly to my ass (I am a women). Is their a risk for HIV transmission in that scenario?

What do you mean you forgot to throw toilet paper inside? I never realized gals did this routinely to prevent splashing. No wonder you use so much of the stuff, and always want to buy the triple-ply extra-absorbent variety. Now it's all making sense to me. What doesn't make sense to me is how we could be 22 years into the HIV/AIDS pandemic, and you are still wondering if you can catch HIV from the tidy bowl in a public restroom. Where have you been for the past 2 decades? Are you from one of the square states in the center of the country? A graduate of home schooling, perhaps? The only way to catch HIV in a public toilet is to have had unsafe sex in the cubical, OK?

Oh, and just to save you some time so you won't have to write back, you can't catch it from mosquitoes or doorknobs either.

OK, lesson is over for today. You can go back to squeezing the Charmin' now.

Some interesting Info and a question for the good doc
Need advice for an Aussie with symptoms