steam room= a + or - ?
Nov 17, 2003
After working out at my gym I sometimes head to the steam rm to relax, cleanse my pores, etc.
Does the hot, humid air potentially harbor airborne viruses (flu),and other contagions? Wondering if I should forgoe the steam rm. I'm HIV+ w/undetectible viral load, CD4 of 300.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Avoid the steam room after a gym workout? I certainly don't pass it up, and I'm HIV-positive as well. With your CD4 of 300 and undetectable viral load, I see no reason why you should avoid the pleasures of a hot, steamy room with dim lighting, packed with glistening worked-out muscle studs all "cleansing their pores" so to speak.
Enjoy the steam, but don't forget to do your crunches first!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.