The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I know I know I'm mess!!

Nov 17, 2003

Dr BOB. First, just wanna say that you and your beau make a nice looking couple. Hope to get there some day. Here's my story. I met this super looking guy...had unprotected insertive anal sex with be told in the middle of "it" that he is HIV+...not too smart myself I keep going so that HE doesn't feel bad about it. Anyway, went on PEP next day...three weeks into my PEP, I received oral sex from a guy and develop a few days later abnormal secretions...yes Zithromax and Cipro on top of my PEP. My question is what are the risk of me getting infected with HIV at that point?. (I am also uncut). I heard there is an increased risk of HIV tranmission with gonorrhea even though I was just receiving a blow job. Also, could it also help that I had one week of PEP left ? Awaiting your wise answer anxiously. Not all together New Yorker

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello New Yorker,

Gonorrhea, like many other STD's, is fairly easy to contract from oral sex. HIV, however, is definitely not. In fact, the risk is extremely low. Considering you were on PEP at the time your Mr. Happy was playing tonsil hockey, your risk from this particular episode would be even lower still.

Hope that relieves at least some of the anxiety.

Good luck on your follow-up HIV tests. We are all sending you good luck. While you're waiting for your next test, how about buying a pack of rubbers?

Dr. Bob

broken thermostat with night sweats

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint