Do the test! Post this for worried people

To my hero Dr. Bob the Great,

Dr. Bob, today I just went to the local clinic at Castro St.(San Francisco) to get my blood withdrawn for hiv testing. I was not really that nervous when I was there, although I do feel a little bit anxious.

Well, I was encouraged to do the test because of these things:

1) I am sexually active and have been having sex with sex workers(7 altogether) but all the time I was using condoms, they never break or slip off my penis.

I should not worry since I was wearing a protection all the time right?

2)There was 3 occassions of unprotected oral sex, where I was the one getting sucked by the sex workers.

The problem lies here: Before the oral sex began, all the 3 girls(at different timing, not all three together!), seemed to brush/wash their mouth, I am not sure if they did brush the teeth.

And if said so they brushed their teeth, what is my chance of getting hiv from them? I am freaked out because I feel that the gum may bleed.

My penis was okay though, there was no cut, abrassion or even a sore, therefore healthy.

So, please please please address my concerns here Dr. Bob, only you can save me from this worry and anxiety.

3)WHAT DO YOU THINK MY RESULT WILL BE? WILL I HAVE A CHANCE TO BE Negative(-) ??

I am waiting for my result next Saturday at 9 am. Wish me luck okay!!!

I will donate to you Dr. Bob! This site has been keeping me intact, not break apart, and reading your reply has made me more self-composed. However, I am still nervous and freaked out all the time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY ME!

~Worried, depressed guy in San Francisco~

Hello Worried Depressed Guy in San Francisco,

I was on Castro Street earlier today as well, although I was having coffee with friends rather than getting blood drawn. (I had that done last week!) OK, on to your questions:

1. Properly used latex condoms are extremely effective: HIV cannot pass through latex. Therefore, I agree. You should not worry. 2. Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. Insertive (being sucked) oral sex is less risky than being the receptive partner. The flossing/tooth brushing story is a general warning that these activities may cause some gum bleeding and that might increase the risk to the receptive partner if the bleeding gums came into contact with infected spunk. So for your situation do you need to worry even more because your partner may have brushed? No. 3. What do I think your test result will be? The odds are astronomically in your favor that you will be negative. I'll bet you'll be WOO-HOOing and Yabba-dabba-doing up and down Castro Street next Saturday at exactly 9:01 a.m. But considering it's Castro Street, no one will probably even notice!

Thank you for your kind words. Information about my foundation and ways to donate can be found on The Foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org. The site now also accepts credit card donations! Stay well!

well endowed and HIV
From Boo-Boo in Barcelona to WOO-HOO