Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hiv and anxiety disorder
Nov 16, 2003

Hi Dr. Robert. I just want to write this letter to thank you for inspiring me over the past 6 months. My story is strange but not unusual.. I was robbed in May and lost 40 thousand dollars worth check cashing money. And during that time, SARs was really bad in China.. That's where my dad was living and I was worried to death.. One day I got cut on my finger and after that, I have made a transaction with a customer who just did the dirty deeds with a hooker outside..I was wondering all day thinking that he had cum on his finger.. and at that time, I was sure that I have gotten hiv... after a few months of going crazy on the computer doing research on everything about hiv and how it's transmitted.. i have realized my problem is not hiv.. my problem is that I have a anxiety disorder caused by all the stress and worrying... I have been reading all the questions on this site, and your humor and your attitude had helped me going trough a lot of my anxiety attacks. I just want all the people who like me to know. Get off the computer and get help else where. Our problem is not hiv. For that person who likes to call you names, really.. that person needs to grow up and stop trying to act like a expert. Thank you for doing a great job helping everyone. I am making a donation to your research foundation to show my appreciation.

Feng (Frank)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Feng,

Thanks for writing and for your kind words. I'm delighted you have realized that stress and anxiety are the causes of your symptoms, not HIV. It's not transmitted by handing money. By the way, how did you know the guy had "just done the dirty deed with a hooker outside?" Were you watching again?? You got robbed and you've got cum-stained money and hookers everywhere. Maybe it's time to consider relocating your shop?

Thank you for your donation! Stay well, Feng.

Dr. Bob

Previous
so I'm not a hot construction worker who thinks a lapdance will give me HIV...
Next
Please Mr. Franscino-needlestick and my worst fear

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.