so I'm not a hot construction worker who thinks a lapdance will give me HIV...

....but I do have a question....Is there any difference in the mechanics of the antibody response provoked by vaccination and the mechanics of the antibody response provoked by viral infection? If my B cells make titers for Hep B vax, would they be just as capable in producing antibodies for HIV? Since we know that HIV replication somehow depends on the mechanics of immune system for its growth (B cell surface to T cell nuceus?), would that make it different. (I often wish I were a hot construction worker, by the way>)

thanks.

Yes, that's correct. The immune mechanisms are the same. If your immune system can mount an antibody response to a hepatitis vaccination, it should also be able to mount an immune response (antibody response) to an invading organism like HIV.

I kind of wish you were a hot construction worker too, perhaps getting a lap dance form another hot construction worker ?....

Stay well.

Dr. Bob, its the youth group guy again!!!!
Hiv and anxiety disorder