Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob, its the youth group guy again!!!!
Nov 16, 2003

Hey Dr. Bob, I showed my youth director this site and he changed his attitudes about condoms. However, I am sooooo screwed. My gf, tested negative. I thought I was off the hook. Well, now I have these black dots surfin through my eyes. I have a tingling in my back. I got sick two to three weeks after our sex. I got tested at around a month and was negative. She claims she hasn't had sex with anyone but me in the last 5 months or so (6 months for unprotected). I believed her, until I started to get these symptoms. My question is, is it possible for me to catch an OI this close to when I was infected (it was in early august). We don't see each other anymore, But I am starting to accept my positive status and the Cytomegalovirus I am certain I have. This tingling in my back, on one of my shoulder blades is further proof. Do you know any place where HIV positive girls are on the internet? I can't be without love. Thank you for answering my question, if you do (Which I hope and pray you do!!!!)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

No, you don't have HIV. No, you don't have CMV. No, the tingling in your back is not "further proof." No, the black dots surfing through your eye is not HIV-related. No, I don't know how to find HIV-positive girls on the Internet.

The only thing "screwed" about you is your head! It is completely full of misinformation. If you don't believe me, get a repeat HIV test. It will be negative. If you still can't believe that result, get some counseling from someone other than that youth director.

Dr. Bob

Previous
I sent a nasty note on 10/14 regarding easy questions...I need to apologize
Next
so I'm not a hot construction worker who thinks a lapdance will give me HIV...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.