Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

stop being bias!! Answer me for once for my sake!
Nov 16, 2003

This is perhaps the tenth times I've written to you, but I don't get any reply! I agree that you only answer ridiculous question, such as a letter for pictures, instead of asking questions! Now, is that relevant in this forum? Yet you spare your words and answer this person, but we who have serious, real issue to concern and worry about, you neglect!

This is my problem doc, and if you think this is funny or less important than the person asking for picture, well I am not! I am depressed, I took up smoking, I degrade my school work!

My problem is: I had unprotected sex with sex workers. YES I KNOW THIS BORED YOU! But this is different because before performing the oral sex, the girl brush her teeth, and then gurggle her mouth in anti-septic mouthwash. I am afraid that the gum may bleed by the brushing.

I had this kind of experience 3 times, two more the next following 2 weeks. HOWEVER, I am not sure if the other 2 brush the teeth.

Just assuming that they all brush their teeth, what's my percentage of acquiring the virus Doc?

I don't have any sore, or cut or anything on my genital at that time.

I am really really worried about this! PLEASE PLEASE, just this once, please reply me!

Scared guy in San Francisco

Response from Dr. Frascino

Dear Scared Guy in San Francisco,

Stop being "bias"???? You "agree that I only answer ridiculous questions, such as a letter for pictures, instead of asking questions!???" Scared Guy, what the hell are you talking about? And do you really think that kind of introduction will encourage me to respond to your ridiculous question??? It really is not my fault that you "are depressed, took up smoking, and degrade your school work." No, I'm not "bored" that you had "unprotected sex with sex workers." I may not think it's your wisest decision, but then again, making wise decisions does not seem to be one of your strongest points.

So, your risk is unprotected oral sex with a hooker that brushes her teeth to scrape off the previous customer's funky spunk and then gargles with antiseptic mouthwash for that extra zing, tasty cinnamon breath, (and, of course, since it's antiseptic to wipe out any remaining "septics" that might be lodged in her tonsils). Had you spent more time reading the archives than posting and reposting your angry question, you would have had your answer long ago.

There is no scientific "percentage" I can give you for your risk; I can only repeat that oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. The risk is even lower for the insertive partner (that would be you, Scared Guy) than for the receptive partner (that would be the hooker with the pearly whites and cinnamon breath). Brushing and/or flossing may cause gum bleeding, which would increase the risk, primarily for the person whose gums were brushed, flossed, and bleeding, -- if he or she happened to get infected spunk into those open, bleeding wounds. OK? Another ridiculous question answered.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Where the Rubber Meets the Mouth
Next
thank you so much for answering!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.