Where the Rubber Meets the Mouth
Nov 16, 2003
I'm a 34 year-old female whose boyfriend is HIV+. How much realistic risk is there in me giving him blow jobs if he always wears a condom?
Look forward to your response. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Well, it's kind of like Superman (the virus) and kryptonite (the latex condom). Even though Superman is well, "super" he can't get through something made of kryptonite. Likewise, HIV cannot pass through latex. So how much realistic risk is there when "the rubber meets the mouth?" absolutely none, so long as it's just the rubber.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What Organs Are Affected By Syphilis?
- What Doctor Treats Herpes?
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.