Bob, give me and the rest of us paranoids some closure

Hey Bob,

Allright, here goes. I askes you a question before about the possibility of infection from toilet water and you told me that there was none. But now consider this, what if there were hiv infected vaginal secrections in the water? Why do I ask this seemingly stupid question!!!????BECAUSE I'M SCARED. I was told that I don't have hiv from some close family members of mine, but yet I just can't believe them because they don't know as much about it as you do. Why even worry about such a thing? Because two weeks after my penis touched some toilet water, my tongue developed a painless whitish coating towards the back ( doesn't scrape off!) and had flu symptoms. Fever, slight upset stomach, some diarrhea. I even woke up one night with a cold and sweaty forehead. This caused me much stress, especially after I seemed to lose my appetite! I then had bad headaches, an altered sense of taste and smell, and have started seeing floaters!! I then started to calm down b/c I was told that I would die from worrying my self sick. So I pretended to not think about it for a while, but it's still on my mind. Especially since I still have floaters, the tongue coating, and strange sweaty palms. I also wake up very early in the morning suddenly. Should I get tested or should I see a pschyiatrist?

Hopeful but scared.

Welcome back to the forum. My opinion on your situation has not changed the least bit. You cannot contract HIV by dipping Mr. Happy in the toilet bowl, even if there were "HIV-infected vaginal secretions in the water." By the way, how would those secretions get there? I can certainly understand a well-endowed gent might have accidentally taken a dip in the swirling waters, but vaginal secretions? I think you'd have to be a Cirque du Soleil contortionist to submerge your love tunnel in a tidy bowl.

So more testing or psychiatrist? I say, "Psychiatrist." Definitely, the psychiatrist!

4th generation test
Thanks Dr.Bob, RE: Med student and oral!!