Your Advice Seeker From India ..Plz Reply

Respected Sir, I got myself tested twice for HIV after 4 years of exposure and were negative in both the tests. Im a heavy smoker. I have a white coating on my tounge for quite a long time (2 months) but it`s going off now ...another problem that i have two black spots on my lips and two on my penis. I saw a dermotologist and he told me that these black spots r Fixed Drug eruptions and my tounge problem is due to vitamin B complex deficiency. I had my cbc count also which is accoring to my doctor is great. I had all my ultra sounds and their results were fine too ...i had small cyst in my kidney and it got healed by itself. Now my question to you is that sir, should i be convinced that i don`t have HIV infection ? shoudl i worry about Aids??? is there any other test which u will suggest me to go for ? Sir, I will be highly obliged if could help to come out of my fears.

"Respected sir?" Wow, that sounds so formal.

You've had two HIV-negative tests four years after a possible exposure. Why are you still worried about HIV disease? Negative is negative. It really is just that simple. Would I suggest any other tests for you? No, absolutely not. You just can't get any more negative than you already are. Should you worry about AIDS? No, of course not! Which part of "you are absolutely NOT infected with HIV" are you having difficultly understanding?

So, do we now agree you should not be worrying about HIV? Good! Now that that's settled, I do see something in your question that you should, in fact, be worried about! Smoking! You mention you are a heavy smoker. The chances are quite good that smoking will indeed ruin your health and most likely be the cause of your death. So I strongly suggest you refocus your worry on that very real problem, rather than continuing to perseverate on a nonexistent one.

Dr. Bob, Please help a Highway Patrolman
4th generation test