HIV (-) 20 weeks but MD states I need another test

I hope you answer this - I will forever be in your debt if you do.

I had a very high risk encounter at the end of April. Right after the encounter, I had 2 yeast infections back to back in May and June. I was then dx with both genital warts and HSV II in July/August. The only other person I have ever had sex with was yrs ago and we were both virgins so I am sure I got both of these viral infections from the last high risk encounter. I was tested at 3 months which was negative. Then, again at 20 weeks which was negative. I had a pap smear done in the last week which showed another yeast infection (I didn't even know that I had it). As a result, my gynecologist stated I need to get tested again at 6 months and then at 1 yr since I was still having problems and since I was already dx with 2 stds. Is this warranted? Do I need to pay for another test at 6 months and a yr. Now I am freaked out again. Please answer me if you can. I would love to send a donation to you. Thanks so much

Many STD's, including genital warts (HPV) and herpes (HSV II) are quite easy to contract. HIV is not. It is true the recurrent gynecological abnormalities with multiple STD's should raise a red flag for possible HIV disease. However, your two negative tests out to 20 weeks are, in my opinion, definitive. Testing at six months is recommended by the CDC for very high exposures, such as receptive anal or vaginal intercourse with a partner confirmed to be HIV-positive. Consequently, if you know your partner was HIV-positive, you could consider a six-month test based on those recommendations.

Thank you for your interest in donating to my foundation. Information is available at www.concertedeffort.org.

the endless wait
bathouse blues