Weekly Blood Draw

Dr. Frascino,

First let me start by thanking you and the thousands of others for the work you are doing. My donation is already on its way to you.

I've been getting a weekly blood test to monitor my liver enzymes due to an acute HBV infection.

1) Could the weekly blood draw (and regeneration of new blood) effect my HIV test results in any way? In other words, can a subsequent blood draw by skewed in anyway because its partly "new" blood?

2) Would an HIV test at the three month mark be conclusive vis-a-vis my current battle with hepatitis? (note - I've already tested negative by DNA PCR and 3rd generation ELISA at 6 weeks.)

I've searched the archives and could not find an answer to my first question. My second question has been answered sometime ago (possibly before CDC guidelines and testing has improved).

Your time is appreciated.

1.No, weekly blood draws will not affect HIV test results.

2.Yes, the 3-month test will give you a definitive result.

3.Thank you for your kind donation. It is very much appreciated.

4.Readers, please remember that there are excellent and very effective vaccines available for both hepatitis A and B.

Stay well. An ounce of prevention . . . .

Lack of Spleen affect HIV ELISA Test?
its always "you're unlikely to get HIV"