|Lack of Spleen affect HIV ELISA Test?
Nov 11, 2003
I had my Spleen removed 24yrs ago due to an injury sustained in an accident. My question is, does that affect the HIV antibody production that usually occurs between 1-3 months after being infected?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
No, your HIV test results should still be accurate. Remember to wait at least 3 months after a possible exposure to get a definitive result. Good luck and stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- First Visit To Infectious Disease Doctor
- Have You Ever Seen A 3 Month Negative Turn Positive
- HIV-positive People Traveling And Immigrating To Europe
- How Soon After Infection Do Women Experience Recurrent Yeast Infections?
- Lap Dancer Touched Herself Then My Lip Hiv Risk
- Missed One Day Of Atripla
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.