Just a comment about the CDC HIV helpline

Just a quick comment on my experience calling the CDC helpline - since there seems to be a great deal of negative response to much of the advice they've given people recently.

I called them three times over the last week to ask the same question (in part to guage how consistent they were in answering). The question had to do with risk involved in unprotected receptive oral sex.

The immediate answer that I got from all three operators what that I experienced 'no risk' or 'almost no risk'. One took the time to warn me of the danger of HepB transmission through the act...

Anyway, since there seemed to be a stream of 'idiocy' coming from them documented on your site, I wanted to share a little experience to the contrary.

Thanks for the work you're doing. I'm one of those people 'in limbo' and waiting for the three month window to pass. I'm terrified and anxious - but your site help to keep me reasoned and rational.

Thanks for writing! Comforting news indeed!

Good luck on your upcoming tests. We're all rooting for you!

HIV et Hypothyroidisme
I tested negative