Anemia and HIV testing

Thanks for taking time to answer my question. I was diagnosed anemic, and given iron pills, after a possible HIV exposure. I had a negative test at 11 weeks after possible exposure. Is anemia that early a sign? After the iron tablets for a few months, I have since been fine. Would the iron pills and increase in red blood cells make my test inaccurate? (One time, Unprotected vaginal sex, Im the female, no ejaculation)I have searched and searched and cant seem to find an answer anywhere. Thanks SO MUCH for your time, again!

No, anemia is not an early sign of HIV disease. Since you were given iron pills, I must assume your anemia was the result of iron deficiency. Iron-deficiency anemia is quite common and readily amenable to treatment with iron supplements. Iron pills would not affect the accuracy of your HIV test.

For a definitive result, I recommend you wait 3 months following a possible exposure to take the HIV test.

You're welcome SO MUCH!

Still worrying about sharing toothpaste on a train
Please Bob, Why Won't you answer this Teen?