|Understanding Test Results
Nov 6, 2003
I just got tested for HIV 1 & 2 Antibody and my report says 0.28 and in brackets it says Non reactive. The report says 1.0 is cut off. What does this mean?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Great news! You're negative. Non-reactive is just another way of saying negative. To be positive on your type of test, you would have a value greater than 1 (the cutoff). Since your value is less than 1 (0.28 to be exact), you are negative. Yell, "WOO-HOO," and start celebrating.
Stay safe and stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.