Please don't delete this: A MISUNDERSTANDING!

hello. PLEASE READ IT FIRST-DON'T DELETE IT! :( Sorry for my post but please can you answer me? YOU are the expert and I really want the truth to this question: I performed oral sex with no ejac to someone and I'm negative 2 months and 4 months later (with 4th generation test) A doctor from a private clinic said to me that if I'm negative after 2 months then *probably* I'm not infected BUT she said that hiv may be hidden in lymph system (and nodes) and I should retest 6 months later to be sure.

I have panicked though I'm negative after 4 months simply because I feel in my right side of the neck a little bit swollen node like pee size ONLY when I touch it and I don't have it in the other side. And I'm anxious because she told me that maybe it's hidden in the node. Please can you tell me if it's true? Later I went to the national hiv center of greece and they told me that I'm negative because the window period of the 4th gen test is 10 weeks.

1)Do you think I should be worried? If the doc is right and the node stop to be swollen after months , will then I test positive? 2)And last but not least: Is that correct that the window period is in fact 6-10 weeks? (because they claim it is in greece/boston/prague -they're using the same test)

I really don't know what and who to believe in my country.. I ONLY TRUST YOUR OPINION. thank you.

No need to apologize just for asking a question! I'm here to help!

1. Do I think you should be worried? No. Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. A negative HIV test at 4 months is definitive. Your symptoms are not at all suggestive of HIV or ARS. A single pea (not "pee?") sized node on one side of your neck is not indicative of HIV infection. 2. There is no absolute cutoff for the window period. It's a range in which the vast majority of folks who have contracted HIV will develop detectable anti-HIV antibodies, and therefore have a positive HIV test. I recommend waiting at least 3 months for a definitive response.

Hope that helps calm your fears! Stay well.

Can anemia delay seroconversion?
Understanding Test Results