G.I. Just back from Iraq and I'm begging you to answer

Hey Dr. Bob About a month before I left for Iraq I had a protected vaginal intercourse with a Sweedish girl, however the condomn slipped off. I dont know how long I was inside her, but i remember realizing something didnt feel right and I pulled out. About a week later I got sick, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, etc. etc. I got it checked out by a doctor and I was diagnosed with mono, however Its been 7 months now and one of my lymph nodes is still a bit swollen, could this be HIV related. PLEASE HELP oh and by the way I love the website

Welcome back from Iraq!

The only way to diagnose HIV infection is to get an HIV test. I do not feel that a single enlarged lymph node is at all worrisome or indicative of HIV disease. However, since you did have some degree of unprotected sex, there is some degree of risk for possible STD's, including HIV. Statistically, your risk is very small, but the only way to know for certain is to roll up your sleeve and take the test. You knew I would say that, didn't you?

I'm glad you're enjoying the website. Now roll up your sleeve, get tested, get your negative results, and then write me back with a raging WOO-HOO. It's a much better feeling than nagging worry!

Huge Change in Lifestyle
Condoms don't stop AIDS--lies...