Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr.Robert-Please Post
Oct 31, 2003

Hello Dr.

I fear I have made a big mistake. I had an encounter with a girl where I bopped her without a condom. Yes, I know insertive carreis less risk, but heres the thing: I had ARS a week later. Every one on the list (FEVER, MYALGIA, NAUSEA, MALAISE) That was awful, I curled up and prayed that I would be spared. I didn't have the courage to test. It figures i never engage in risky behavior like that and one time out I get burned.. . Then...let me first say I have a pet who is the best friend I can ask for. A 2 year old puppy. He is sleeping right now in a patch of sun and looks so great I am so happy he is with me. What happened is after my seroconversion I was making a salad and cut myself on the finger. Ever since I started taking one baby aspirin every night (I read it prevents colon cancer) my cuts take longer to clot. Anyway I thought it was clotted and was later patting my dog when I looked and saw the blood had been transmitted onto his ear. He has long ears and it figures on of them had a small cut the same one I was patting. Oh, Lord this is so difficult to say but I believe I may have infected my dog.

For the past weeks I have been monitering his condition. He does seem to have ARS like symptomotology. I feel he feels more warm then usual and his nose is very dry. Moreover, his appetite has gone down. i've also noticed he has muscle aches! No I have not felt for lymph nodes on him I am not THAT crazy. I looked on internet and found FIV but still wonder if CIV is possible? Thanks Dr. Bob you are the man!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

What do you mean by "after my seroconversion?" What seroconversion? Unless you've had a positive HIV test (which I very strongly doubt), you have not seroconverted.

All you did was "bop" without proper protection and then develop some very common symptoms, which could be related to any of a number of illnesses.

Next, what about Fido? You think he has ARS too? Oh, my, my, my. What makes you think that you are "not THAT crazy???" I'll bet you tried to check him for swollen lymph nodes, didn't you? Go ahead. Admit it. It's OK. We really won't think you're any crazier than before. Honest!

OK, here's the scoop. The "H" in HIV stands for "human." You can't transmit HIV to a dog. No, there is no CIV. If your pooch is acting "strangely," it's probably just because dogs frequently pick up behaviors of their masters.

Do get some help for your anxiety, OK? We wouldn't want to have to send in the puppy protective services team!'

Dr. Bob

Previous
Many thanks for your reply !!!
Next
Huge Change in Lifestyle

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.