Dr.Robert-Please Post

Hello Dr.

I fear I have made a big mistake. I had an encounter with a girl where I bopped her without a condom. Yes, I know insertive carreis less risk, but heres the thing: I had ARS a week later. Every one on the list (FEVER, MYALGIA, NAUSEA, MALAISE) That was awful, I curled up and prayed that I would be spared. I didn't have the courage to test. It figures i never engage in risky behavior like that and one time out I get burned.. . Then...let me first say I have a pet who is the best friend I can ask for. A 2 year old puppy. He is sleeping right now in a patch of sun and looks so great I am so happy he is with me. What happened is after my seroconversion I was making a salad and cut myself on the finger. Ever since I started taking one baby aspirin every night (I read it prevents colon cancer) my cuts take longer to clot. Anyway I thought it was clotted and was later patting my dog when I looked and saw the blood had been transmitted onto his ear. He has long ears and it figures on of them had a small cut the same one I was patting. Oh, Lord this is so difficult to say but I believe I may have infected my dog.

For the past weeks I have been monitering his condition. He does seem to have ARS like symptomotology. I feel he feels more warm then usual and his nose is very dry. Moreover, his appetite has gone down. i've also noticed he has muscle aches! No I have not felt for lymph nodes on him I am not THAT crazy. I looked on internet and found FIV but still wonder if CIV is possible? Thanks Dr. Bob you are the man!

What do you mean by "after my seroconversion?" What seroconversion? Unless you've had a positive HIV test (which I very strongly doubt), you have not seroconverted.

All you did was "bop" without proper protection and then develop some very common symptoms, which could be related to any of a number of illnesses.

Next, what about Fido? You think he has ARS too? Oh, my, my, my. What makes you think that you are "not THAT crazy???" I'll bet you tried to check him for swollen lymph nodes, didn't you? Go ahead. Admit it. It's OK. We really won't think you're any crazier than before. Honest!

OK, here's the scoop. The "H" in HIV stands for "human." You can't transmit HIV to a dog. No, there is no CIV. If your pooch is acting "strangely," it's probably just because dogs frequently pick up behaviors of their masters.

Do get some help for your anxiety, OK? We wouldn't want to have to send in the puppy protective services team!'

Many thanks for your reply !!!
Huge Change in Lifestyle