Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

test result
Oct 26, 2003

HELLO DEAR SIR I HAVE ONE FRIEND OF MINE WHO IS AFARIAD THAT HE IS HAVING HIV SO FIRST HE TOOK AIDS TEST ON TRIDOT METHOD AND IT CAME NEGITIVE BUT SOME ONE SAID THAT TRIDOT IS NOT 100 percent confirmaity test. SO HE TOOK AN ELISA TEST FOR HIV AND THE RESELT SAID THAT ANTIBODIES TO HIV 1 & 2 : NON - REACTIVE. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. IS IT NEGATIVE OR POSITIVE. THE TEST RESULTS SAYS THAT KIT USED FOR THE TEST IS MICROLISA-HIV J. MITRA AND CO. LTD AND THE METHOD MICROWELL ELISHA EQUIPMENT USED IS ELISA AUTO READER 3011 0F AWARENESS TECHNOLOGIES- U.S.A. IT ALSO SAYS AT END THAT CAUTION TEST RESULTS IS TO BE FINALLY CONFIRMED BY WESTERN BLOT TEST (TEST IS AVAIABLE WITH US). SIR THESE STATMENTS FULLY CONFUSESS US . SO KINDLY TELL US THE TEST RESULT IS POSITIVE OR NEGITIVE. HAS MY FRIEND IS VERY MUCH WORRIED AND HE GOING TO BE MARRIED SOON HE IS THINKING OF SUSIDE. KINDLY REPLAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. WAITING FOR UR REPLAY SIR. THANKING YOU DOCTER. U ARE OUR ONLY HOPE. send ur replay in my email address at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your friend "is very much worried and he going to be married soon he is thinking of suside." Are these facts related?

So you want my "replay?" Well you'll need the need my original answer and commentary first before you have a replay, so here goes. Tell your friend to relax. He's HIV-negative. Non-reactive to antibodies for HIV-1 and HIV-2 means he is negative for both HIV-1 and HIV-2. The testing site should have explained this to your friend. So now you can "replay" this as often as you like: Negative, negative, negative, negative, negative, negative . . .. continue to "replay" as needed.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please Help -- "Touched By A Tranny"...What Is The Risk?????
Next
Million Dollar Question!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.