For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

question for the nicest doc in town...

Hello Doc,

I'm in Peru...and follow you. I seen on news report that in China they use protease inhibitors for SARS....QUESTION: Is "SARS" a new form of hiv we need to worried about??? Reason I ask is I fly to Ontario for business often. Your answer is appreciated here in Lima.

SARS is not related to HIV in any way, other than they are both viruses. Since we didn't have an effective treatment for SARS, many therapies were tried, including anti-HIV therapies in the hopes they might work against this new virus as well.

Hope that calms your fears about any link between the 2 illnesses.

Nicest doc in town??? Blush, blush.

Some Day, Baby I'll Woohoo
What is the likelyhood an HIV+ considered 'undetectable' can transmit?