Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Some Day, Baby I'll Woohoo
Oct 21, 2003

Hi Dr. Bob,

This writer had unprotected sex with a lady. This is risky and should be posted in the "transmission" forum. Safe sex too. Because we all should practice SAFE SEX. Yet, I am afraid many do NOT. Dumb dumb dumb dumb. Wrap it UP. Anyway, less than a week later I got all the viral symptoms possible, save headache and sore throat. Bob, we are talking about : high fever, and of course some muscle aches. It doesnt end here, i am afraid I will never woohoo. Someone on the internet said symptoms like these after sex are almost always hiv realted. Here is what I freaked about: Puking less than a week after exposure with lady whose pussy smelled like death, I might add. So, Dr Bob, esteemed immunologist, doctor of the people, do giv eme your assessment, please. Dr. Pierone, another great expert said symptoms were too soon to be ARS. I am curious about your view of the pussy smell (not I am not the pussy sniffer :)) and my virulent illness that lasted for weeks but fever subsided though I did lose about 7 pounds in a month. Thanks for reading this Dr.

Ross

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Ross,

You want my "view of a pussy that smelled like death?" Yuk. I try not to view those if at all possible. Medically speaking, the foul odor could indicate an infection --no, not HIV specifically bacterial or fungal infections would be the most likely.

As for your symptoms, they could have many causes. HIV can never be diagnosed by symptoms. Whoever posted that comment you read on the Internet is just plain wrong. Ross, you do realize you can't rely on things you just happen to read on the Internet, don't you? Just look at the messages in your e-mail box: At least 9,000 claiming they can make your penis larger, right? How many of those do you think are true and actually work?

Your episode of unprotected sex with Miss Pungent Pussy does put you at some degree of risk for STD's, including HIV. I agree with Dr. Pierone's assessment. If you are having any residual symptoms, have your doctor screen you for STD's. Regarding HIV, wait for 3 months to do the test. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you have not contracted HIV. Finally, don't go near anything that smells like that ever again. And if you do, don't tell me about it. It could spoil my appetite for days!

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried mom--consumed with fear.
Next
question for the nicest doc in town...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.