WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING THE STATEMENT FROM THE VATICAN???PLEASE

Hello Doctor Bob, I am very worried with the declaration that comes from the Vatican regarding condoms. The say that it was proved that condoms don't protect agains HIV virus once the virus is about 400 times smaller than the semen, thus letting it pass through the condom. Have you read this article/study?....I am VERY affraid because I am used to make oral sex, and sometimes anal sex, using condoms...Is this study reliable?...Does it make sense that condoms are not 100 safe? I would appreciate very much to get a reply from your side !!!! Many thanks in advance !!!!

What do I think about the Vatican's recent statements that HIV can pass through latex condoms? Well, I find it curious that these dudes in their red dresses and funny hats, who have sworn themselves to a life of celibacy, are even studying this, but let's put that aside for a moment. If they have documented HIV passing through latex condoms, it would have to be a "miracle," because scientifically it's just not possible. But then again, these guys aren't scientists, now are they? The World Health Organization and virtually every other scientific organization has condemned the Vatican's comments as being complete nonsense. Remember, the Vatican doesn't even want you using condoms for birth control, so you can just imagine what they think about anal sex for pleasure!

I think that since the scientists of the world, including The World Health Organization, do not try to teach the Pope how to say Mass, he shouldn't try to conduce sex research! For instance, I for one haven't a clue how he manages that wine into blood maneuver, or the dry bread wafer becoming the body of Christ. Perhaps if we scientists checked out his experiments, we'd come to different conclusions than what he believes. The Vatican has a right to its beliefs (delusional as some of them may be), but those beliefs belong in church with the other pomp and circumstance from bygone eras, not in 21st Century medicine and scientific fact.

You have no cause for alarm. The Vatican is wrong and has been told so in no uncertain terms. They may not want to "believe" it, but they really can't change scientific fact, no matter how many candles they light and ridiculous statements they make.

So just consider the source, my friend. You wouldn't go to a proctologist if you had a question about a toothache, right? So why go to the Vatican if you have a question about sex?

Stay safe and you'll stay well. We'll all say a prayer that the Vatican comes to its senses soon. But don't hold your breath, unless you believe in miracles!

Dr Bob, the CDC was Very Rude to Me !!
Worried about condom break with boy from Switzerland