PLEASE ANSWER ME JUST ONCE DOC

Is it just me or do you only answer absoulte idiots who have no chance of infection and just post them there for a joke? I had unprotected sex with a girl and the next day developed a blood nose and when I went to the toilet I was runny= about 3 weeks later I got lympth nodes just in groin up for a day now about 9 weeks later my lymph in groin again are up for 2 days.... could you please help me with some advice, does this sound like HIV or can I possibly Woo Hoo? Please give me just an answer I will make an immense donation... scared

Hello Scared,

First off, the way to get a response from me is certainly not to insult the other questioners by calling them absolute idiots! Next, yes I do try to inject some humor into my replies. I'm guilty of that. But that's not the fault of the questioners, so lighten up a bit, OK?

Unprotected sex is a risk for STD's, including HIV. However, HIV symptoms do not appear "the next day" and "a blood nose"is not indicative of HIV infection. Runny bowel movements can occur as a consequence of many conditions, including stress. As for your "lympht nodes" that were up for a day and then made another appearance for 2 days 9 weeks later, again, that is not suggestive of HIV infection.

Can you WOO-HOO? No, you had unprotected sex; consequently, you do have some degree of risk, even though your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV. My advice is simple: If you have symptoms and are concerned about STD's, see your doctor. He'll screen you as indicated. For HIV testing, wait for 3 months to get a definitive result.

Finally, I should point out many folks may consider your question idiotic, because it's been asked and answered so many times in the past. The archives of this site contain a wealth of information, and I encourage everyone to search there first, if they have a question.

Should you choose to make a donation to my foundation, please do so only if you want to help with our work to provide crucial services for men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS, and to raise awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic through education and advocacy. Donation or no donation does not affect my work here.

Good luck on your 3-month test. We'll all be rooting for you.

didnt catch HIV through oral and everyone believes me!
Dr Bob, the CDC was Very Rude to Me !!