Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

dr bob, SINCERE thank you, please post
Oct 17, 2003

doc, it has been 70 days since my exposure to the virus, and i am going to do a blood test today. it is not easy, doc, to make this decision. it is true that, most people don't think that this can happen to them, it is like somebody else's problem, until they face the problem themselves.

as for me, dr bob, i learnt it the hard way. i had oral sex (receiving), deep kissing and hard grinding/brushing without penetration, that i am sure my penis was exposed to the vaginal secretions, with a high risk person. this single episode has put me in trauma, and i was hoping, while driving along the highway, a big truck would slam my car at high speed and i can die without having to live in a life frustrating people close to me, especially my fiance who is ironically a medical doctor.

from what i have read through the postings, mine is a low risk activity, but rashes and small bumps that wont go away at the abdomen and forehead, diarrhea for like 2 weeks and nausea has put me in doubt. i am almost convinced i have it, but by reading your answers here has eased my worries and i am able to put some concentration in doing my office works and continue with life. i dont want to endanger the lives of the people near to me, that is why i am going for the test.

thank you, dr robert frascino, you have helped me a lot, i will donate to whatever u are doing in providing support to the worried wells and to hiv- infected people here. if u want to delete some part of this message as maybe some of them may not be appropriate to some people, u may.

thank you dr bob, i will post again to inform you about the outcome of the test. pray for me please. u are by any standard, THE MAN..

i know 3 months is definitive, but at least, in 70 days, if i am diagnosed now abt my status, i can inform my fiance that i cant marry her and find a new life elsewhere.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Just as you are "almost convinced" you have it, I'm even more convinced you do not! Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. "Hard grinding/brushing without penetration" carries essentially no HIV risk. Rashes and small bumps on the abdomen and forehead are not consistent with HIV. Nausea and diarrhea can be caused by many conditions, including stress/anxiety.

By now, you probably have the result of that 70-day test and it's negative, right? Surprise, surprise, surprise! Your odds of having a negative HIV test at 3 months are phenomenally good.

Steer clear of those speeding big rigs on the highway! I'll be waiting for your good news. In the meantime, continue making those honeymoon plans!

Dr. Bob

Previous
A stripper story With a twist like never before.
Next
SNOT WENT INTO MY MOUTH

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.