Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A stripper story With a twist like never before.
Oct 17, 2003

HEy doctor bob,

Here is my story a stupid and dumb one tha it is. About two months ago I had sex witha female it was protected, and about two to three days later i got a sore throat and a dry mouth, i was very stressed and nervous being that it was my first time. These symptoms (sore throat, tiredness nad confusion led me to believe that i was and am infected, my symptoms are still wit me at 9 weeks and I don't know what to do.

So i paniced i went to a strip club and got a lap dnace from dancer, ok, I was naked but she had me put on a condom and put a barrier over my penis and her vagina. The barrier was a shirt it was folded in half so it was pretty thick, and she rode me about ten minutes and i came, stupid very stupid, i know.

So here i am having dry sex witha stripper because i think that i will never have sex with a normal woman again because i have hiv from the previous encounter.

So i dry humped teh stripper and now am even more scared, not of hiv but of herpes, i don't think that she had fluid on me because of the shirt barrier, and the condom but am very nervous any way.

I am a big worrier and a really impulsive idiot at times. What I want to know is how much vaginal secretion must be on your penis to receive herpes, and would teh shirt and the condom protect me? What are my odds if you could tell me? please help!!!!!!!

Thank you soooooooo very much doc bob, i hope that i am not bothering you or being an inconvenience to you.

I ama big fan and loyal supporter, thank you,

sincerely dumb and confused.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I must agree. You are "a big worrier!" First off, you had "protected" sex, so if the condom didn't fail, your risk was essentially nonexistent. Next, your symptoms are not at all consistent with HIV disease.

So then, you panic and decide to dry hump a lap dancer wearing a condom and ruining a perfectly good shirt. And now you're worried about herpes?

Gosh, if I don't get you a reply soon, who knows what you'll do next. Try to have sex with fluffy, the neighbor's cat, and then worry about the fleas?

You need to take a few big breaths, relax a bit, and find yourself a therapist who can help you work through your fears, your compulsive behaviors, and your anxiety.

I do hope you continue to keep yourself protected from STD's including HIV. I think you are doing fairly well in that regard. However, that doesn't mean you don't have other problems that require a bit of attention. I would work on the "I am a big worrier and a really impulsive idiot at times" problem first, OK?

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Your Response will save me from dying
Next
dr bob, SINCERE thank you, please post

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.