1st year med student going crazy b/c received oral sex!!!PLS HELP

I am really going crazy, and I stumbled across this website. About 3.5 weeks ago, I received a BJ from a female prostitute in the caribbean. I was really drunk but I do remember that she put a condom on me and that it only lasted a few minutes. I asked her to stop and mastrubated until I ejaculated. I don't remember there being any blood on the condom and I don't remember it being torn. I am going to get a test tommorrow after my BIOCHEM exam but I am scared that it is going to be negative. What are my chances assuming that she does have HIV (she was a Jamaican local and HIV rates are higher in the caribbean then in the US) that I contracted HIV? I know that you have answered this question before, but I really would appreciate a response. Finally, I will see my girlfriend in about 3 months, if I test at 3 months and it comes out negative, is it safe to have unprotected or any type of sex with her? I can't study and I am afraid that I am going to flunk out!!!

Thanks,

MIKE

Hey Mike,

Insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. That you had a condom on lowers that risk to the nonexistent level! Don't bother getting a test at 3.5 weeks. The ELISA test is not definitive until 3 months. Your degree of risk doesn't even warrant testing, but if you want to get a test, fine. If your test is negative at 3 months, the results are definitive and you should have no worries about transmitting HIV to someone else, because that, of course, would be impossible. If you don't have it, you can't give it away!

As for having unprotected sex with your girlfriend, that's a decision you and she will have to make. However, you should both know unprotected sex leaves you both at risk for STD's including HIV. I'm sure your girlfriend doesn't know about your "Caribbean Adventures", and perhaps you aren't aware what happened to her at a bachelorette party. So, ideally, I suggest condoms at all times to avoid any worry and to prevent pregnancy!

Good luck on the Biochem exam. I hated that test.

Hilarious! You have comedic talent Bob
PEP & HIV Testing - Please HELP