Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Whoo Hoo and Thanks (External Penis / Vaginal Fluid Exposure)
Oct 14, 2003

Hi Bob,

Just another big thanks from an Ex-Worried Well.

I stupidly performed unprotected cunnilingus on a woman of unknown HIV status. We had protected vaginal sex after the unprotected oral play. After the intercourse, I removed my condom. My partner then unexpectedly rolled over onto me and sat directly down on my penis. No penetration took place but she sat there with my penis directly exposed to her wet "external vaginal region" (sorry to pull out the medical jargon on you!). The thought of throwing her off of me and possibly seing her head bounce off the floor as she fell off of the bed was not really that appealing so I politely "removed her from my lap" after about a minute or two of polite conversation. Basically the extent of my exposure was unprotected cunnilingus and that external vaginal (and cervical?) fluid to penis exposure. Well, just like everyone else, I have been freaking myself out for the last 12 weeks. I had all the usual symptoms (swollen neck glands, sore muscles, etc. etc.) It is truely amazing what anxiety can do to you! Thankfully, I tested negative at 12 weeks and my 'symptoms' are already going away. Bob, what you guys and girls are doing is so appreciated. You truely helped me keep my wits about me. It's amazing what a compassionate response from a professional can do to help alleviate fears. You all truely are heros. You courage, strength and wonderful outlook on life is a model for all.

Thanks again and please accept my humble donation to your worthy organization knowing that you have made a positive impact on yet another persons life.

God Bless You

relieved in NC...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Relieved in NC,

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write in. I'm hopeful stories like yours will help others be able to "keep their wits about themselves" as well. And please accept my sincere gratitude for your tax-deductible donation to my foundation. You should be receiving a formal (Miss Manners-approved) thank-you via snail mail very soon! Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please reply only one time!!!
Next
please dr bob I know u r too busy but u could b saving a life please answewr me

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.