Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please reply only one time!!!
Oct 13, 2003

Dr. Bob First of all i should say that i adore you. I would love to have a conversation with you somewhere, sometime. You just seem too bright.

This is maybe the 5th time i write and i never received a response. I know that you are busy and maybe the questions like mine are answered somewhere in the forum but please even a short response by you is going to calm my troubled mind.

Here is the short story... I had protected sex with a prostitute which i am guessing that the risk she is HIV+ is higher than HIV-. I accidentaly touched her vagina and the condom after performing sex and the most stupid thing is rubbing my eyes after that. First grade lesson always wash the hands but anyway can you tell me should i consider testing for HIV? Also i should notice that i rubbed my eyes after 5 minutes and i know that this virus is not easily transmitted. She also use oil or water lubrificant on the condom. I didn't have any ARS symptoms, just a red eye which lasted for 3 weeks and i think it was something like episcleritis. I know that episcleritis is somehow idiopathic and stress might have caused that. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE doctor let me know if i should test for HIV.

Respects and honors to you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your kind comments. First off, I'm wondering about that first-grade class you attended that taught you to "always wash the hands" after having sex with a pro. Now that's what I call a progressive school.

No, you have no cause for worry. Rubbing your eyes 5 minutes after touching her nether regions and your latex happy suit is not a risk for HIV transmission. No, testing is not warranted or necessary. Certainly, you can take a test if you want. That's up to you. My job is just to let you know you have essentially no risk. Also, episcleritis is not associated with HIV transmission. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
please, dr bob help me, i do not find the awnser, i read all quation.
Next
Whoo Hoo and Thanks (External Penis / Vaginal Fluid Exposure)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.