jesus

will you tell these people that they needn't worry about hiv infection already?? these are people asking about analingus and entering a woman's vagina for 45 seconds, recieving a blow job from a gay man, etc. are you such an asshole that you can't just say the truth? that people get hiv when they allow semen to enter their bodies or when they share needles with other substance abusing fiends! dipshits like you are the cause for all these "worried wells." notice how the vast majority of them are heterosexual men, and the vast majority of hiv positive men in this country who acquired their infection sexually, did so through homosexual sex!! there is a huge imbalance in the focus on significant risk if this is your main demographic in this forum. you should change the name of this forum to the "unecessary panic forum." plus, you're just such an asshole for turning a blind eye to these facts, and the possibility that it redirects focus from the real risks - and might indirectly be causing the infections of many more homosexuals - and the women who sleep with closet bisexual men. you are being as conservative in your approach to this as your arhc nemeses (the conservative gay-haters) are, when they say that the bible condemns homosexuality - end of story. i know my words remind you too much of bible-belt republican rhetoric to take me seriously. but understand that i am neither right nor left wing. i am completely in the middle (insofar as my approach to the analysis of this issue). i just want the truth. you should too.

Well, you may be "neither right nor left," but you are certainly very wrong. You appear to have a belief system that ignores scientific fact and 2 decades of epidemiology. HIV is a pandemic. Worldwide, its primary mode of spread is heterosexual sex. It is true that the prevalence and incidence of HIV are higher in gay men in the US, but there are sociologic, epidemiological, and physiologic reasons for this.

I will agree (and always have agreed) that people are at risk for HIV "when they allow semen to enter their bodies or when they share needles with substance abusers;" however, your statement is far too simplistic because:

1.It's not only semen; HIV can be transmitted by other infectious bodily fluids as well blood, cervical secretions, spinal fluid, etc.

2.Not all contacts result in HIV transmission. In fact, most do not. HIV transmission requires a complex interaction between the pathogen (the virus) and the host (the person exposed).

3.Not all substance abuser are "fiends."

Conservative gay-haters are not my arch nemesis (or arhc nemeses" as you call them). They are merely confused, often repressed, and shockingly illogical individuals. I often feel sorry for them. I do find it amusing that those who claim to be the most enlightened seem to have the narrowest and most closed minds.

I do agree we could rename at least a large portion of this forum the "Unnecessary Panic Forum," however, that is due in large part to misinformation, lack of understanding, or belief systems that have no scientific basis. You are a good example of all three of these problems, so welcome to the forum. Except in your case, if you really don't believe in heterosexual HIV transmission, the forum should be called "Should Be More Panicked Forum."

Next, think of me what you will, but the name-calling does not improve your credibility. Finally, from the spelling and grammatical mistakes in your post, just wanted to say, I do hope you will someday graduate from 7th grade English class.

how safe is safe with poz boyfriend??
Can't find my answer anywhere Dr Bob!