WHOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!

First off... About 4 months ago I had probably a very risky sexual experience. I was rather uneducated about HIV at the time. Was having vaginal sex, and the condom broke, after it broke I figured, well, it's broken already so whatever is going to happen has happened already... So I just took off the broken piece and continued... For my sanity these past 4 weeks I WISH I hadn't...

So anyway, I got tested... By the title, you guessed it, negative... However, everything I've never heard of the test they used...??

Says on the paper, HIV 1/2 Screen MEIA (What's this MEIA?) Result: NonReactive (WHOOOO HOO!!!!)

Can you tell me what this MEIA test is all about?

Thanks!

p.s. It's amazing what you tell yourself you'll do if you're negative... I for one am terrified of needles, and I promised I'd donate blood if I was negative... Of course, I'm going to stick to this promise, and somehow, I'm not as scared anymore... :)

MEIA is a type of HIV antibody test that is very reliable. (It's essentially an ELISA.) So should you be WOO-HOOing? Absolutely!

Now don't' forget to follow through on your blood donation promise. You'll fee great afterward. And the minimal discomfort of the needle is nothing compared to what you've been through waiting for your test results!

Stay well. WOO-HOO!

CDC Counselor Says Stats Wrong
When Will It End?