|Hypothyroidism and HIV Testing - Please respond
Oct 10, 2003
Hey Dr Bob,
Does the autoimmune disease "Hypothyroidism" have an impact on the window period of 3 months?
I have repeatedly tested out to 85 days as negative with 4 elisa tests and am concerned.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
No, hypothyroidism will not affect the accuracy of HIV tests.
"Repeatedly tested out to 85 days as negative with 4 ELISA tests" and you are "concerned?" Why? You shouldn't be. You're negative.
Congratulations. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.