HIV & Analingus

Dear Dr. Frascino,

On March 22 of this year I performed unprotected oral sex on a prostitute in Amsterdam's Red Light District. The 15-minute encounter consisted of the three following acts: nipple sucking, clit stim (my tongue never entered her vagina), and rimming. The rimming included my tongue actually entering her anus, although she'd cleaned herself quite thoroughly with soap and water before we began. That was it. We never had intercourse. In fact, I've never had intercourse in my life. Further, I had no cuts in my mouth and never ingested any fluid. This one encounter is the only sexual encounter I've ever had in my life. Nevertheless, all the HIV awareness has awoken the hypochondriac in me. I keep worrying I'm positive. In two weeks I'll be going to my doctor for a blood test to determine my status, but in the meantime I occasionally get myself worked up with anxiety. Are there any words of encouragement you can offer me to tide me over, so to speak, until I get my test results back? Do you predict I'll be positive or negative?

Thanks so much in advance for your time.

~Tom

Hi Tom,

Why did you wake up that hypochondriac? There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. However Tom, remember other STD's can be contracted via analingus hepatitis A, intestinal parasites, herpes, etc. Your doc will check you out, if needed, but in the meantime, give that hypochondriac a sleeping pill and send him back to sleep.

Stay well.

Safe ways of having unprotected sex preventing transmission
Hypothyroidism and HIV Testing - Please respond